The air conditioner of Window 5000 BTU Zenith allows you to cool a small to medium room with an adjustable thermostat and turbo fan. On cooling a room, the apparatus produces water that needs draining. This unit features two functions of drainage to prevent water accumulation.
You will need
- Drain Hose Air Conditioning
- Tilt the apparatus of air conditioning for what the back of the unit is tilted down 1/4 inch (0.6 cm). This allows most of the water will drain out through the rear of the unit. Check that the rear of the apparatus air conditioning is at least 10 inches (25 cm) of the building to prevent water from draining into the sill of the window.
- Remove the drain plug located on the lower right front air conditioning. This will give you access to the base tray containing excess water that collects in wet weather.
- Insert the drain tube that came with the air conditioning in the hole where the drain cap was. When inserting the tube, push it down firmly until it clicks into place, which will give a good fit to avoid any leaks.
- Place a drain hose of air conditioning around the pipe drain, and place the other end of the hose into a bucket. Excess water in the bottom tray will drain through the hose into the bucket.
Tips and Warnings
- Most of the water drains through the rear of the air conditioner. Do not worry if you do not regularly water drains through the hose into the bucket as it is more likely to happen in a humid climate.