It may happen that you accidentally spill something on the carpet. If this happens you should remove the stain as soon as possible. If not there is also the risk that the stain on the carpet is fixed and will be more difficult to remove. Here are some tips on what you can do.
10 things you should consider:
- Try to remove the stain immediately.
- Try removing the spots with a spoon being careful not to spread it.
- If necessary dilute the stain with cold water.
- Remove the stain supporting with a clean cloth or paper towel – do not rub the stain to avoid the risk of expanding!
- Procedures must be made beginning with the part closest to the edge toward the center of the carpet stain.
- If necessary, use a mild detergent and cold water.
- Use if needed also gently brush clothes.
- If at this point the stain remains, repeat from point 2
- Wipe it off with a hair dryer or a fan at low speed area.
- Trim the carpet pile brushing the area with a clothes brush (towards the pile of the carpet).
Examples of stains and disposal:
Adhesive: Wet the stain with wine vinegar or alcohol.
Wax: Put blotter paper or wood stain. After passing a hot iron over the paper to promote absorption, the iron must be constantly moving to avoid burning the carpet.
Ink: Apply stain coating / ink fixative for hair spray and let it dry. Then carefully remove the stain with a solution of water and wine vinegar.
Chewing gum (bubble gum): Place ice cubes on the gum chewing is very effective. Then try to remove it manually. If there are still traces of gum, use a specialized stain removing chewing gum.
Urine: Absorb urine as soon as possible. Then apply the stain a mixture of water and wine vinegar (1 tablespoon vinegar every 20 cl. Water). Dry the area as it has been cited on the corresponding explained. / For the urine stain is already dry carpet should lead to a dry cleaner with experience in oriental rugs. (Using special urine stain remover can damage the rugs wool.)